So…one day, I received a pingback which I mistakenly thought was a comment on a post. When I finally looked at the message, I realized it was a link to another blog. Candidkay, a blog about life’s journey…”bumps and all” she says.
The Liebster award is an award for a newer blog with under 200 dedicated followers. In order to accept this award, I need to post 11 random facts about me, answer the 11 questions posed by my nominator, nominate 11 other blogs, and ask the nominees 11 questions of my own.
So…my 11 random facts:
1. My favorite song right now Just Give Me a Reason by Pink and Nate Ruess. I HAVE to sing it EVERY time it is on.
2. I can’t stand to fold laundry. It’s like cruel and unusual punishment.
3. Most books I read, I really, REALLY like. If I finish it, I really enjoyed the story. If I don’t like it, I usually don’t finish it.
4. I know The Lion King, The Color Purple and Steel Magnolias from start to finish. Word for word.
5. While I really enjoy the show Scandal, it really burns me up that it has to be an affair! UGH! Guess it wouldn’t be a scandal though…
6. While I don’t date, I do notice men. I have a celebrity crush…Djimon Housou. Incredible…incredible.
7. As much as I like to read, I don’t have a favorite book. There are just too many to choose from.
8. I really want to go to Italy, but I am afraid to fly!
9. I have an innate ability to feel what other people are feeling to the point where it stresses me out because I can tell what I really feel and what I am feeling on behalf of others. If it was a magical being, I’d be called an empath. (it’s a thing!)
10. It really bugs me when parents make it seem like the school is supposed to be 100% responsible for everything that happens to a student during a school day. Yes, there are certain things the school is responsible for, but some things that happen at school could have just as easily happened while the child was at home. It’s unfortunate, but it’s the truth.
11. All of these news celebrities irk me. I don’t mean the anchors and personalities on the news. I mean the ones who were interviewed after something happened and agreed to be interviewed for the news. I know that people who are interviewed on the news when something happens are not always prepared to be interviewed. It is alright to say no when the news person asks you to talk. I am also irritated when folks say stuff like, “I’mma call channel 2” when something doesn’t go their way. CALL ‘EM!
Here are the 11 questions asked of me:
What is your favorite journey?
Well, this journey I’m on is the only one I know. I guess what I like most is the being a mom part. It is hard, crazy, aggravating and not the cleanest job, but it’s one I love. I never planned it, but I’m glad I chose it.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Without a shadow of a doubt, I know I say, “garbage on a stick” more than anything…
What is your most treasured possession?
I honestly don’t have one. There’s nothing that I would absolutely die without. I mean, I wouldn’t want to lose my iPad or my computer and I would probably cry if something happened to either one of them. Maybe that’s saying that those things are my most treasured possession. *shrug*
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
The lowest depth of misery is knowing the change that needs to happen, knowing how to make the change but lacking the ability or drive to follow through.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say as you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Well, I’m a country girl and the only answer to this question for me is that I’d want God to say, “Servant well done.” (well aside from pointing out that Heaven DOES exist). As long as He says, “Come in”..I’m good…
What is your favorite virtue?
I’d have to say empathy. While it scares me that I can feel what other people feel when they are sincerely overwhelmed with emotion, I know that there is someway to use that to help people which is all I really want to do.
What is your favorite motto or saying?
Hakuna Matata. It means no worries! (At least, that’s what Timon and Pumbaa said.)
What is your pet peeve?
I have lots of these! HA! One that really really makes me want to slap someone is when promises are made that aren’t kept. If you are going to do something for me, just do it, don’t make a grand play of telling me you’re going to do something, then when the time comes, expect me to ASK you to do what YOU said you’re going to do.
What is your most irrational fear?
My most irrational fear…hmm…tough one. Is it the one where I’m fearful of bugs, worms and creepy crawly things? Or is it the one where I’m afraid of not having enough? Hard to say. I’m working on both.
On a typical Friday evening, we’ll find you . . . where and doing what?
On a typical Friday, I can be found sitting on my sofa with a book in my face. I’m either writing it or reading it.
Who inspires you?
The girl inspires me. She is really a go getter. She sets her mind to something, goes for it and if it doesn’t work, she kinda shrugs it off and tries something else.
Now, for the blogs I nominate:
Book Referees – This is one I check frequently. It’s like one stop shopping. There are book reviews, book discussions, and new releases are listed. Right now, there’s May Madness going on!
Books, Writing and Life – Daphine Glenn Robinson is an author, playwright, mom, and an all out funny gal! I read hers frequently too. Some posts I visit repeatedly. She gives tips to aspiring writers, encouragement to us on life’s journey and sometimes, she drops a funny on ya.
The Reading Life With Yolanda – Well…it’s simple…Yolanda’s reading life. These are book reviews and other tidbits.
I Am a Voice – Live It! Feel It! Write It! – The writer explores the many voices of extraordinary people as she shares on her page.
A Single Girl’s View From the Giant Peach – An author, D.L. Sparks that I like tells it like it is about being single in the big peach.
My Side of the Single Life – Blog for single women who want to read, discuss and laugh about the circumstances that occur while waiting for Mr. Righteous to make his entrance.
Success Along the Weigh – The weight loss journey of a woman and her husband. She’s lost almost 200 pounds. I can’t remember his weight loss, but they are doing it together. Awesome!
Check out my fellow bloggers when you get a chance. You’ll enjoy these. I promise!
Until next time,